Dr. David Moher is a Senior Scientist with the Ottawa Methods Centre, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute (OHRI) an Associate Professor in the School of Epidemiology, Public Health and Preventive Medicine at the University of Ottawa and holds a University Research Chair. Dr. Moher has a Masters degree in Epidemiology and a PhD in Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Dr. Moher's H-index (96, Google scholar) indicates that his research is cited and been used to inform policy. He was recently recognized as one of the most highly cited researchers by Thomson Reuters (The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds) according to a recent publication, Dr. Moher is one of the most influential researchers in biomedicine (top 0.03% - Boyack KW et al. A list of highly influential biomedical researchers, 1996-2011. EJCI 201343:1339-1365). Dr. Moher is a member of the advisory board for the International Congress on Peer Review and Biomedical Publication as well as a member of editorial boards of several medical journals and other editorial functions, such as membership on PLoS one’s Human Research Advisory Board.Dr. Moher is the founding editor-in-chief of Systematic Reviews
1. Moher D, Avey M, Antes G, Altman DG. The National Institutes of Health and guidance for reporting preclinical research. BMC Med. 2015 13(34).
2. Shamseer L, Moher D, Clarke M, Ghersi D, Liberati A Deceased, Petticrew M, Shekelle P, Stewart LA, the PRSIMA-P Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015: elaboration and explanation. BMJ. 2015 Jan 2;349:g7647
3. Shamseer L, Moher D, Clarke M, Ghersi D, Liberati A Deceased, Petticrew M, Shekelle P, Stewart LA, the PRSIMA-P Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015: elaboration and explanation. Syst Rev. 2015 Jan 1;4(1):1
4. Hoffmann TC, Glasziou PP, Boutron I, Milne R, Perera R, Moher D, Altman DG, Barbour V, Macdonald H, Johnston M, Lamb SE, Dixon-Woods M, McCulloch P, Wyatt JC, Chan AW, Michie S.Better reporting of interventions: template for intervention description and replication (TIDieR) checklist and guide.BMJ. 2014 Mar 7;348:g1687.
5. Hutton B, Salanti G, Chaimani A, Caldwell DM, Schmid C, Thorlund K, Mills E, Catalá-López F, Turner L, Altman DG, Moher D.The quality of reporting methods and results in network meta-analyses: an overview of reviews and suggestions for improvement.PLoS One. 2014 Mar 26;9(3):e92508
6. Stevens A, Shamseer L, Weinstein E, Yazdi F, Turner L, Thielman J, Altman DG, Hirst A, Hoey J, Palepu A, Schulz KF, Moher D.Relation of completeness of reporting of health research to journals' endorsement of reporting guidelines: systematic review.BMJ. 2014 Jun 25;348:g3804
7. Glasziou P, Altman DG, Bossuyt P, Boutron I, Clarke M, Julious S, Michie S, Moher D, Wager E.Reducing waste from incomplete or unusable reports of biomedical research.Lancet. 2014 Jan 18;383(9913):267-76.
8. Catalá-López F, Alonso-Arroyo A, Hutton B, Aleixandre-Benavent R, Moher D.Global collaborative networks on meta-analyses of randomized trials published in high impact factor medical journals: a social network analysis.BMC Med. 2014 Jan 29;12:15