The Research Ethics Office at 725 Parkdale Avenue, Civic Campus is currently closed, and all staff are working remotely; all submissions (initial and post approval forms) should be submitted electronically via the Clinical Research Registration Form (CRRF) in IRIS.
New Research Studies:
- New studies related to COVID-19 should be submitted electronically in the Clinical Research Registration form in IRIS well as an email to Nancy Camack at email@example.com, Dr. Saginur at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dr. Cameron at email@example.com.
- All other new studies should be submitted electronically through IRIS.
- New studies unrelated to COVID-19 will continue to be reviewed; however, studies related to COVID-19 will be prioritized.
- If submitting a new application related to COVID-19, let your Research Ethics Coordinator or REBAdministration@toh.ca know immediately upon submission.
- For initial REB applications, the Principal Investigator, Co-Investigator and Department/Division Head signature pages can be digitally signed by the applicable party, or email confirmation can be uploaded into the application in lieu of the signature page.
- If the PI's signature is requested on a response to a Review Letter issued by the REB, the response letter can be digitally signed by the PI, or email confirmation from the PI can be provided.
- The REB's post approval forms (Amendment, Reportable Event, Continuing Review and Study Closure) include electronic sign offs – the signatory applies their signature by entering their TOH IT login email and password.