Mass Spectrometry Service
Identification of proteins from polyacrylamide gels, protein solutions, dried proteins, or protein digests is provided as a core service.
To submit samples:
- First-time clients please contact the Core Facility before submitting any samples
- Read the Sample Preparation Guidelines.
- For gel bands, cut out the gel band(s) of interest (protocol) and store them in 1% acetic acid.
- Complete the Proteomics Service Request Form. Please describe samples and required information as completely as possible.
- Submit samples and forms to:
Proteomics Core Facility
Room W5256 (Critical Care Wing),
The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Road,
Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8L6, Canada.
- Samples will be analyzed by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS).
- You will be notified by e-mail when results are ready.