Our research is focused on improving care for patients at The Ottawa Hospital and around the world. Patients can play a crucial role in this process by volunteering for clinical trials, surveys or other clinical research studies.
Over the years, our research has resulted in significant improvements in health care, including improved diagnosis of ankle injuries and blood clots, better management of diabetes, HIV, chronic bronchitis, and many cancers, and novel resources to help patients and health care providers make the best health decisions.
If you are interested in participating in a clinical trial, the best approach is to speak with your health-care provider. You may also want to refer to some of the following pages:
- Frequently asked questions about clinical research
- Clinical research at The Ottawa Hospital (news stories)
- Clinical trial resources for cancer patients and families at The Ottawa Hospital
- Oncolytic virus therapy for cancer at The Ottawa Hospital
- Stem cell therapy for multiple sclerosis at The Ottawa Hospital
- Stem cell therapy for rare autoimmune diseases at The Ottawa Hospital
- Patient decision aids
- Ontario Cancer Trials (in partnership with the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research)
- Clinicaltrials.gov (a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health)