Mental health and wellness are priorities at OHRI, and many resources are available to support employees, students & postdoctoral fellows.
Take a moment to think about today
- Acknowledge one thing that was difficult
- Consider one thing that went well
- Check on your peers before you leave for the day. Are they okay?
- Check in with yourself: Are you okay?
It’s okay not to be okay - help is available.
If you or someone you know is in crisis
- Contact the Mental Health Crisis Line (available 24/7) at 613-722-6914, or if outside Ottawa toll-free at 1-866-996-0991.
- In any life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or visit your nearest Emergency Department.
Counselling and mental health services
- For OHRI employees (includes postdoctoral fellows):
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (LifeWorks)
- Free, confidential counselling and support services for employees and their immediate family members, available 24/7
- 1-844-880-9142 or workhealthlife.com or My EAP app
- For students and postdoctoral fellows:
- For everyone:
Use the wellness navigator to access many resources available to OHRI staff, and see resources, tips and tools to help cope with COVID-19 or other tragic world events. The Helium app is also available through IRISGuide.
Students and postdocs can also find wellness resources on the uOttawa Health and Wellness website, and on Compass: the holistic student life platform.