Researcher ProfilesThe Ottawa Hospital is home to 780 Scientists and Investigators, along with more than 1,000 students, postdoctoral fellows and staff. All our Scientists have online profiles and some Investigators do as well. These can be accessed by clicking on the links below, or by using the search tool. Profiles are available in the languages in which they were provided.
OHRI Scientists and Investigators include:
- 134 Scientists: These researchers have PhDs, MDs or both and devote at least 40 per cent of their time to research (but typically more than 75 per cent). All our Scientists are also professors at the University of Ottawa and many are active clinicians at The Ottawa Hospital. Scientists generally hold major peer-reviewed research grants and work with a team of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, technicians and coordinators.
- 529 Clinician Investigators: These are generally physicians, nurses, or other health professionals at The Ottawa Hospital who devote between 5 and 40 per cent of their time to clinical research. They are often also professors at the University of Ottawa.
- 8 Investigators: These are generally PhD researchers with several years of postdoctoral training who devote between 20 and 50 per cent of their time to research.
- 103 Affiliate Investigators: These are researchers who have primary affiliations with other institutions, but maintain significant collaborations or funding with the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
- 6 Honorary Scientists: These are researchers who have made outstanding contributions to the success of the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.